The Baptist school of public health was created in 2004 as an offshoot of the CBC Health Services’ partnership with AWAREHIV-AIDS. It was created based on the need to train staff and upgrade the skills of personnel in relevant fields of Public Health and Community Outreach especially in the Sub-Saharan African Setting. The Courses taught were designed based on felt needs, contextual realities, changing trends and global standards.
BSPH offers training Courses that are suitable and uniquely impactful to African communities that are rarely offered in other health institutions in Africa.
We are out to
- Empower individuals to achieve maximum capacity through the provision of quality education at all levels.
- Equip students with specific professional, entrepreneurial and technological skills needed to meet the challenges of the world and their changing needs.
- Promote excellence in diversity, gender equality and create opportunities that will yield practical results and encourage self-reliance.
- Recognize the value of cultural diversity and pave the way for intercultural communication that will enhance human socio-economic development.
- Advance ethical and moral practice in educational, professional and civic life.