The Baptist School of Public Healthseeks to build Sustainable Health Systems through developing effectiveHealth Leaders. So the BSPH shallprovide high quality education,
research and hands on professional experience in the quest for building sustainable systems and developing effective leadership
What is Occupational Therapy?
The use of purposeful activity with individuals who have physical or mental disabilities in order to achieve maximum independence, prevent or minimize disability or maintain health
What Does an Occupational Therapist do?
- Assessment of an individual’s abilities in terms of physical, psychological, social, and functional skills.
- Information from the assessment provides the basis for a treatment programme which also incorporates the patients’s personal goals.
- Treatmentprogramme is continuously monitored in collaboration with patient, family members, employers, schools and other members of the medical team (Speech Therapists, Physiotherapists, Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Psychiatrists, Psychologists) and Community Leaders.
- Occupational therapy strives to empower communities to lead full and healthy lives.
Occupational therapists are in short supply
world wide and have excellent job prospects.
Jobs are to be found in Government and private
hospitals, rehabilitation and mental health
centres, old age homes, insurance companies,
prisons, schools and private practices. OTs may
also consult to industry, lawyers, architects and
Common Conditions seen by OTs
- Neurological Conditions e.g. Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury.
- Chronic diseases (Rheumatoid Athritis, Osteoarthritis, Cancers, HIV, Multiple Sclerosis)
- Paediatric Conditions e.g. Cerebral Palsy, erbs palsy
- Mental Health (Psychosio, depression)
The Baptist School of public Health (BSPH) in
affiliation with with the University of Zimbabwe
(UZ) is requesting applications from suitably
qualified candidates interested Occupational
Therapy (BSc HOT) Degree program.
Application & Admission Criteria
Aspiring candidates should submit the following:
1′ Filled Application forms obtainable from BSPH
or Downloadable from BSPH website.
2′ A photocopy of receipt of a non-refundable
application fee of 10,000FRS CFA, paid into
account 706/1001638 in any CBC institution.
3′ Photocopy of the required documents (GCE
Advanced Level Certificates, transcripts of any
certificate, Birth certificate and national Identity
4′ Application form MUST carry your email
address and WhatsApp number.
5′ The completed application files can be
depositedat the BSPH. Alternatively, applications can be sent via email
email@example.com and copy
6. Deadline of Receipt of applications is July 1st
The fees for each year is eight hundred
and thirty thousand francs (830 000 frs)
Admission into the OT training program
will require a pass in at least 3 science
papers at the GCE A/L in any of the
- Further Maths